Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Stage Cosmetics

WARNING: SUPER LONG POST.....

Hello Babes...

Thought I share with you on some makeup related stash I got recently, and at super duper cheap prices. Like from $7 per lipstick or gloss only and the colours are current.

They are from STAGE COSMETICS, located within BHG over at Bugis Junction. However, due to high rental costs, they are moving out from the location by end of June. SO THEY HAVE A MEGA ENORMOUS SALE... yes, the magic word here is - SALE!!




Yup yups.... so they have Sale on EVERY SINGLE ITEM, if you are already a user or fan.... be sure to head down, colours are still suitable and non-gothic (or lousy)... I got some sweet pinks, reds, nudes and coral coloured lipsticks & glosses the other day.

It was literally a one for one offer I simply cannot pass up.



They have 2 main range of lipsticks that sits very well with the Asian crowd. One of which is Wonderlust... well, the word lust is meant to explain when you hanker after something or someone... you drool so much that you end up wetting those lips, so the WONDERLUST range is dripping with moisture and gives you a semi-glossy finish without a need for gloss unless you wanna plump up those pluckers then hey, GO FOR IT Gal!! 

The WonderLuxe range offers a semi-matte finishing, so it is suitable for those who prefer less glossy lips as yours is already (Enviably Plump like Angelina Jolie's) then this is great, without drying out your lips as it has Vit E to protect. You can use it at the office too. Very professional in a very Corporate setting. Dab on gloss when you are heading out for drinks after work and you will look hip. 

I LOVE THE WONDERLUST range more.... All going at $7. Go grab k. Running out fast.

The MASSIVE SALE starts from 50% Off to 70% Off. They truly are clearing stocks, the company, Alliance Cosmetics, who bring in Revlon, Silkygirl and other brands, hails from Malaysia. But their products are mostly made in Italy, similar to iNuovi. And I love how rich, intense and buildable their products are.

Aside from their liquid foundation which they claim is so darn good to use and award-winning, which I find... a tad hard to blend, sticky and WAyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyYYYY too thick. I gasp in the mirror when I was done with it. It was like I am trying to impersonate Kumar and need to slap on like a truckload of foundation when I am already blessed with fair skin.

Shucks! Sorry man, if you are a fan of their foundation, hey, just go grab it ok, don't be affected by me, I just prefer my skin to breathe more rather than less. Anyways, the dirt cheap prices justify for one to stock up esp. if you are doing threatre, as the foundation and eyeshadows allow for buildable coverage and intensity which all stage productions and plays need. Its just not me. So, I thought I should inform the everyday woman, lady, girl reading this.

Incidentally their name is STAGE cosmetics, perhaps, pun intended??? Haha.... whatever la




Anyways, I also got their <<Gossip Girl>> eyeshadow box from their "Moulin Rouge" range where 5 shades of colours are paired to give you the VA-VA-VA-VOOM look at me eyes, depending on how you mix, blend and use the colours. You can use it to make it work for you, even for daily use to head to school, work or even a date.

Let me know if you want to see pictures or videos of the application. :)))

This is how the Gossip Girl Box looks like:

Chio right? I also thought so...
from left: navy blue, rich plum, shimmery slate grey, intense brown and white highlighter

This has slight glitter in it too... so for special evenings, or when you want to look a tad "hotter" than usual and get your partner or potential partner to look lovingly into those already pretty peepers, you can use this. Only $15 bucks now, I got mine at $25.90 lor... hais... oh well.

Or if you need that little extra, cos your eyelashes are not as long / dark / curly as you would prefer them to be... we can always add on falsies... I only apply them on special dates or on days when I feel DUH... and am moodless. Falsies will instantly be a great cheat sheet to creating bright, attractive and helps one appear all smart. Seriously.... besides, people will tend to take double or triple takes at you, should you apply them correctly and with the right fit of falsies.... wrong ones and you will look like a Drag Queen. LOL.....!!! (If you want me to do a Video on it or some pictures of pretty falsies that will suit almost anyone, LET ME KNOW by leaving comments after the post.) So if you can handle the attention, wear them.  ;))))
But honestly, I do not buy false eyelashes from them, even after sale prices, one pair is WAYYYY too expensive. I usually get mine from two shops in Far East Plaza, I am their regular so i am offered very good discounts there. Mine always come in a huge box with 20 pairs. And I am very adventurous when it comes to falsies as I adorn them easily and with precise application. But try not to wear falsies too often, unless you don't mind balding lashes. I know some girls who wear them every single day. But really, its NOT too bright an idea to do so.

Stay Gorgeous babes!!

Rating: 8.5/10
Will I buy this again: Yes but I don't know where they are moving to...
update me if you do know ok?
Ease of Application: To me its simple as i do so everyday and I experiment a lot with makeup, so, its subjective.

LEAVE ME COMMENTS OK?
AND FOLLOW ME BY ENTERING YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS AT THE SIDE BAR.

Here are some of the photos I took focus on the eye area,
this is in spite of 10 solid hours at work,
the eyeshadow colours stayed on... without messing up.
I used intense brown and slate grey plus some white highlighter & blend, blend blend.

Overall effect for work.
 I was light-handed with the brush as the colours are intense.

Zoom in on the eye area. Apologies for not blotting nose first.

No comments:

Post a Comment