Saturday, April 23, 2011

Estee Lauder's Advance Night Repair & Advance Night Repair Whitening

I initially tried the Advanced Night Repair
when the Improved formula came on the market
it does what it claims...
like calming the skin, removing irritation,
improves the skin texture and rids redness
around the nose area
plaster that with a good dose of 8 hours of rest
and you will soon find your skin improved,
sort of in a detox manner,
as if you really went for a spa holiday
and came back rejuvenated and well-rested.

Both bottles are brown,
the only way to differentiate is
to read the text carefully before paying at the cashier's
and the whitening version
allows one to see that the content inside
is pure white.
Whereas the original version
is more fluid and brownish in colour.

When I decided to buy my second bottle,
I was recommended by the airport staff to
give the whitening version of this same
stellar performing skin detox in a bottle
a try and I did.
It costs me SGD$110 for the largest size bottle
and they were having a promotion
moreover, the whitening version, was not
available islandwide then (a year back)
and I still have a little of the product left
Surprise surprise...
it actually lasts that long!!!

But I interchange the use of my products
as I suscribe to the notion
that skin should not get use to one particular range
or product OR ELSE, it will lose its effectiveness
in the long run, so I mix and match
and note what works.

The whitening formula in this Advanced Night Repair
does nothing much for me,
it does not lighten my freckles
nor really lighten my skin tone.
But the detox and calming portion
worked like a charm,
even better than the Original version.

This is because the whitening version
is less sticky than the original
and gets absorbed way faster
so you can actually slap on
your other products shortly after
and head into dreamland sooner.

Review:
Will i Buy this Again: Yes (only whitening version)
Advance Night Repair Original: 7 /10
Advance Night Repair Whitening Version: 8.5/10
Packaging: 7/10
Ease of Use: Extremely Easy. Fuss Free.

No comments:

Post a Comment